Audi has unveiled its RS Q8, the top model in the Q range. It combines the power of an RS model with the elegance of a premium coupé and the flexibility of an SUV. The new Audi RS Q8 will arrive in the UK in quarter one 2020.
Here’s what you need to know about the new RS Q8;
- It's powered by a 4.0-litre V8 engine, which delivers an impressive 600 PS and 800 Nm of torque between 2,200 and 4,500 rpm.
- Its 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 ignition sequence gives the 4.0 TFSI a sportily voluminous sound. As is typical for the RS models, the dual exhaust system features an impressive oval tailpipe on each side.
- The bi-turbo V8 in the new RS Q8 combines maximum performance and high efficiency. Its mild-hybrid system (MHEV) is based on a 48-volt main electrical system.
- The power of the 4.0 TFSI flows to the quattro permanent all-wheel drive system via the standard eight-speed tiptronic, distributing the drive power in a 40:60 ratio to the front and rear axles.
- The standard RS-specific adaptive air suspension sport with controlled damping means the new RS Q8 is equally at home on the racetrack or an offroad trail. Its RS-specific damper tuning allows for a particularly broad spread between a setup biased toward comfort and an extremely sporty setup.
- The standard all-wheel steering moves the rear wheels via a high-torque electric spindle drive and two track rods. At low speeds, the rear wheels turn up to 5 degrees in the opposite direction of the front wheels for greater agility.
- There are eight profiles from which to choose: comfort, auto, dynamic, efficiency, allroad, offroad and the individually configurable RS-specific modes RS1 and RS2, which can be activated directly via the ‘RS-MODE’ button on the steering wheel.
- It comes standard with 22-inch aluminum wheels in a 10-spoke star design with 295/40-series tires – the largest ever factory-installed on an Audi production model.
- Behind the large wheels is an RS brake system with internally vented composite disks (420 millimeters up front, 370 millimeters at the rear). Their 10-inch piston calipers are painted black as standard but are available in red as an option.
- The RS sills come standard in Manhattan gray, which makes the body appear even more athletic. An RS roof edge spoiler provides a striking finish at the top; design highlights closer to the road are the RS-specific rear skirt with a diffuser clip in matt aluminum and the RS-typical oval tailpipes.
- It is available in a choice of nine colours: one solid paint finish and eight metallic or pearl effect shades. The Audi exclusive program offers numerous additional exterior colour options.
- The interior of the new RS Q8 features a deliberately clean design. Black Alcantara headlining is standard for the Carbon Black and Vorsprung trims. Central to the cockpit is the top MMI touch response display.
- It has a comprehensive range of over 30 assist systems, such as lane departure warning, parking system plus, rear view camera and pre-sense front.
For further information on the RS Q8 contact Belfast Audi on 02890 380000 or Portadown Audi on 028 383 33633.