Over six generations, from the split-screen T1 to the refined and efficient T6, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles has sold nearly twelve million units worldwide. Now the product line is getting its latest update—to become the latest edition of an icon.
Here’s 10 things you need to know about the new Transporter T.6.1
- It features a redesigned front end, refreshing the van’s appearance. High-intensity H7 headlights and daytime running lights are included, as are new LED rear lights.
- It showcases a new look alloy wheels to complete the stylish exterior.
- It builds on the refined T6, as it has been designed with driver comfort in mind. There’s a significant improvement in standard equipment offered and many comfortable extras that boost the car-like driving experience.
- The hydraulic power steering of the T6 has been replaced by an electromechanical system in the T6.1, enabling a range of intelligent driver assistance systems including Cross Wind Assist and Lane Assist, which detects road markings to keep the vehicle in its lane. It has park assist which simplifies manoeuvring into and out of tight spaces by steering automatically, leaving the driver to operate the pedals.
- It has electric windows, central locking, electrically adjustable heated wing mirrors, new H7 headlights, energy-efficient interior LED lights and the Composition Audio radio system with Bluetooth hands-free function as standard.
- It’s 10.25-inch Digital Cockpit sets a new benchmark. Its high-contrast clear graphics reduce the time drivers spend with their eyes off the road and offer a range of information through switchable displays.
- The optional navigation systems have been refreshed too! The 8-inch Discover Media and 9.2-inch Discover Pro systems now feature redesigned graphics and button layout. Just like a smartphone, drivers can personalise the home screen to show individually-configured apps.
- The engine range for the T6.1 has been thoroughly reworked. The front-wheel drive T6.1 will be launched with highly efficient 2.0-litre turbodiesel engines. All engine options comply with the Euro-6d-TEMP-EVAP emissions standard. The T6.1 will be available with a range of engine and gearbox combinations, including DSG dual clutch gearbox and 4MOTION all-wheel drive.
- The T6.1's infotainment system is an integrated SIM card (eSIM), which comes as standard with Composition Colour and is available as an option on Composition Audio. The eSIM opens up a new range of online-based functions and services to T6.1 customers.
Available to order for 2020 delivery, please contact a member of the Agnew Volkswagen Van Centre Sales Team on 028 9034 1030.